Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1st, 2011

It will be a month on October 4th that I got my Vaquera ! I still can't believe that she's my horse !! The first couple of days she was confused on where she was at after being at Molly's for a couple of months. She would whinny and run and make me worried that she was lonely and not happy. Then after about 2 weeks, she started making friends with Shilo and Doc next door. Everyday when I let Bj's horses out, they all get together and groom each other over the fence, stand next to each other, and even graze next to the fence together. At first all of her attention was on her buddies and that made me feel left out but then, a routine started happening where Vaquera would come up to me more and more and love to be with me. After spending as much time as I could with her, she now knows me and comes right up to me and let's me brush her, put fly spray on her, scratch her, give her treats, .. ect. She has never stopped giving me hugs since I first met her. She puts her head on my shoulder just like Flicka did. It is the best feeling in the world !! Vaquera does funny things too just like Flicka. One day I had just filled up her water trough and I heared this funny noise and looked over and she was taking her lips and grabbing the water with them playing with her water ! The other funny thing she does is when I wheel my wagon in the pasture to poop scoop, she will push the wagon with her nose as if she's helping me pull it ! She loves wagons and rubs her head on them. At first the noise kind of scared her but she got used to it fast. I discovered that she loves music. I bring out a little battery opperated radio and put country music on when I'm poop scooping her pasture and she stands right next to it ! One other funny thing is, I have a little tack shed in her shelter that has a couple of windows in it and she stands right in front of the window on the right and looks into it like a mirror ! BJ showed me that she knows how to bow and I thought that was really neat ! Last month I got her feet trimmed ( Which went really well), and also dewormed her for the first time ( with the help if BJ). I worked with her a little bit on groundwork doing Parelli's circling game. I just bought her a purple Parelli halter so I can't wait to start using it and working with her more and more. Vaquera love carrots, and horse cookies and we have became best friends fast ! I love her so much ! One other thing is that she loves the rain and to roll ! She has 2 big shelters to go in but chooses to stand out in the rain. After the rain, she rolls in the mud ans get's all muddy so that's always fun to try and get off ! HAHA !! She's so funny and loving !! I love her personality and everything about her ! Due to her past of moron so called "Trainers" who scared her all the time, she get's scared of things easy but, she has overcome a lot since she's been here ! She's getting used to hearing people in the distance shooting guns, and noises aren't bothering her much anymore so that is a BIG relief ! Everyday get's better and better ! I bought her a Jolly Ball to play with. She hasn't played with it yet but, I'm hoping that she will. I thank God for her every single day and always look forward to seeing her beautiful face and whinny every morning as I'm giving her her breakfast and when I'm giving her supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment